Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Own Cat Jesse

I adopted my first cat when I was 21.  She was very young and I found her lost in the wild near the provincial park I was working at from the summer.  I loved her so much and she lived for 18 years.  When she died we adopted 2 kittens from our local shelter.  They were kittens that had not been raised in a home.  They were found in a shed.

Anyways... although I love those two very much, one year later we adopted Jesse because I really missed having a cat the liked being picked up and snuggled.

Jesse is now two years old.  He loves to interact with our foster kittens.  My two older female cats are not big fans but Jesse LOVES to play with the kittens.  He grooms them and takes care of them.  For some reason as a young male cat he likes to do that whereas my females who are only a year old really dislike the kittens.  Once the kittens are here long enough Holly and Ivy do tolerate them.  Holly more than Ivy.  But in general, Jesse is a replacement mother to them.

Here is a video of Jesse playing with one of my foster cats Percy.


No comments:

Post a Comment