Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Mommy of my Current Litter

Two months ago...

In January my Ninja litter (Mom's name was Ninja) went back to be adopted.  One came back again.  His name is Bear.  My husband got super attached to Bear.  I made husband talk to the foster co-ordinator to ask for permission to adopt Bear etc.  Anyways... Not too many days after Ninja's kittens went back to the shelter I saw a pregnant cat on the foster list.  She was listed as URGENT so of course I had to volunteer to take her!  She was pretty much the only pregnant cat on the foster list so I was super glad to help her.  I wouldn't have to spend the winter without Foster cats... Yay!

So, they told me she was heavily pregnant.  I interpreted that to mean that she could have kittens any second!  She sure was round!  She was so beautiful and the amazing thing was how friendly she was.  She purred and purred and purred!   She lived in what we call "the cat room".  It should be our spare bedroom but no people stay in there.  Only foster cats.   We don't let our adult foster cats mix with our own cats.  It is too stressful for all involved.  So on January 13th this beautiful girl arrived and we were so happy to see her!   It had been 5 days since we had given Ninja's kittens back so we felt really lucky to have more kittens and moms to help so soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment